So, what is it that you do?
I often get asked this question and I reply that I’m like a Personal Assistant for the home. I then give examples of work I have undertaken over the last year:
- Cleared a house for a solicitor after one of his clients passed away
- Supported a consultant anaesthetist who was moving her elderly mother into a care home
- Gave admin support to 2 ladies in their homes – including filing and budgeting
- Assisted 4 retired widows with a range of jobs including helping with filing, admin, de-cluttering, making phone calls, filling in forms.
- The biggest project was helping a lady in her 80s prepare for a house move from a 5 bedroomed detached house she’d lived in for 30 years to a brand new 2 bedroomed retirement apartment.
- Business admin for 3 business owners – anything from filing, sorting receipts, ordering stationery, booking an electrician, getting quotes…the list goes on
So you see, what I do is an amazing variety of work – and it certainly makes for an interesting job!